At Jerounds we use the national curriculum as a minimum. The curriculum we have written from this is devised to prepare pupils to be ‘life ready’ as a ‘global citizen’ but what does this mean?
Our rich knowledge based curriculum means that pupils gain essential knowledge and have the opportunity to be experts in every subject.
Knowledge to be taught each term is shared with pupils and parents at the beginning of the term through a Factfile. This knowledge can be ‘quizzed’ multiple times in a low pressure, high expectation environment to maximise progress.
Expertise is developed through skills- pupils will understand what it means to be a geographer, historian, scientist, writer, mathematician etc... and work on this throughout their time at Jerounds.
See our curriculum here.
See our curriculum long term plan here.
Our specialist PE and sports team provide in-house physical development lessons where pupils have access to a wide range of equipment including:
- Saracens Rugby
- Saracens Cheerleading and dancing
The Pupil Athlete Pathway is designed to enhance the Physical Education based experiences of pupils at Jerounds, both within and external to the PE Curriculum.
The Pupil Athlete Pathway is underpinned by the principles that sport should be accessible for all our pupils and that different pupils need to experience PE at different levels, or for different reasons whether this be for positive mental well being, a love of sport or the desire to compete and lead.
Ranging from exposure to new sports and participating in extra-curricular clubs to playing for a school team or refereeing a tournament, as part of the Pupil Athlete Pathway our pupils are given the opportunity to experience new concepts, develop their knowledge and progress their understanding to levels of greater depth that they can take beyond their time at Jerounds.
At Jerounds pupils develop a sense of respect through membership of various school councils and Student Leadership Team
- Head Girl/Head Boy/ Pupil Advocates/Sports Captains
- House Captains
- Digital Leaders
- Eco Warriors
- Musical Maestros
- Sports Councils
- Healthy Schools Council
- School Council
- Citizenship Council
- Art Council
- Playground Leaders
- Curriculum Long Term Plan 2019 20
- Curriculum Spring 2020
- EYFS Long Term Plan 2019 20
- Maths Long Term Plan
- Music curriculum overview 2019 20
- NET English Curriculum complete 2019 2020
- Y1 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y2 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y3 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y4 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y5 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y6 Maths Long Term Plans
- Year 1 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 1 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 1 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 2 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 2 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 2 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 3 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 3 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 3 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 4 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 4 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 4 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 5 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 5 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 5 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 6 English Medium Term Plan Autumn 2019
- Year 6 English Medium Term Plan Spring 2020
- Year 6 Maths Medium Term Plan
Parent's Knowledge Organisers
To assist you in supporting your child's learning we complete knowledge organisers for our parents. This term's can be found below:
- 1 2 Prime Ministers KO
- 1 2 Seasonal Change KO
- 3 4 Ancient Egypt KO
- 3 4 River Nile KO
- 5 6 Modern Slavery KO
- 5 6 England Vs Japan KO
- Everyday materials Knowledge organiser
- Evolution and inheritance knowledge organiser
- Forces and magnets knowledge organiser
- Living things and their habitats knowledge organiser
- Plants knowledge organiser
- Uses of everyday materials knowledge organiser